These seared Twinkies highlight the exemplary tidbit cakes covered in a sweet player, at that point southern style to brilliant earthy colored flawlessness. Add a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a side of raspberry sauce for a special and debauched pastry.
At the point when I go to the area reasonable each mid year, I can’t avoid the seared indulgences! A portion of my top choices incorporate singed Oreos, seared pickles and these light and cushioned seared Twinkies.
Twinkies are extraordinary all alone, however seared Twinkies are far superior! This is a great pastry alternative that is absolutely startling, yet consistently gets rave audits from loved ones.
Simplify a player with flapjack blend, eggs, milk and vegetable oil. Dunk your Twinkies in the player, at that point place them in a pot of oil. Fry the cakes for a couple of moments until they’re brilliant earthy colored. Add a sprinkle of powdered sugar, at that point serve the Twinkies promptly with a plunging sauce whenever wanted.
- 8 Twinkies
- 1 1/2 cups pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil plus more for frying
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- raspberry or chocolate sauce optional
- Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil in a deep pot to 350 degrees F.
- Place the pancake mix, egg, milk, 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and vanilla extract in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Dip each Twinkie into the batter, then place in the oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown all over.
- Place the Twinkies on a serving plate and sift powdered sugar over the top. Serve immediately with a side of dipping sauce if desired.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 171IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 1mg