Throw these Greek Chicken Bowls together for a delicious dinner, or include them in your meal prep for lunch the entire week – either way it’s perfect! The combination of fresh, crunchy cucumber salad, chicken breast with a Greek-inspired flavor, and warm wholesome rice, all comes together in a healthy and complete meal that satisfies!
With regards to my suppers, I love everything stirred up in a bowl, so I can get a tad of everything. Who else concurs that is the most ideal approach to eat? Throughout the long term, I’ve known a couple of individuals who can’t deal with their food sources contacting. I’ve always been unable to get it. My number one thing about these delectable minimal Greek Chicken Bowls is that I can get warm feathery rice, delicate and tasty cut chicken bosom, and fresh, cool cucumber plate of mixed greens across the board minimal magnificent chomp. The flavors all equilibrium each other out, and afterward burst forward like firecrackers in your mouth!
When making these dishes, you will have a couple of various things going on. All things being equal, they’re quite simple, which has made them one of my new go-to’s! In case you’re feast preparing these, I do encourage to keep the Greek Cucumber Salad in a different holder; in light of the fact that while the rice and chicken is best heated up, the plate of mixed greens part should remain cool and fresh right up to the second it’s blended in.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
marinate 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 bowls
Greek Chicken & Marinade
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh chicken breast sliced in half to make thinner
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus 1 tsp for cooking
- 3 tbsp lemon juice juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp kosher salt *use half if not using Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Greek Cucumber Salad & Rice
- 2 cups chopped cucumber english cucumber or baby cucumbers
- 4 roma tomatoes flesh removed, chopped
- 29 kalamata olives sliced in half, black olives will work too
- 1/4 small red onion diced small
- 1/2 cup crumbed feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dill weed, dried
- 1 tsp Kosher salt *salt to taste if not using kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups white rice, cooked salted & peppered to taste.
Greek Chicken & Marinade:
- In a large ziplock bag add raw chicken and all of the marinade ingredients above. Close bag. Massage the marinade into the chicken breasts. Place bag in a bowl and refrigerate for up to 8 hours or as little as 30 minutes. *The longer the better, but 30 minutes still works well!*
- When the chicken is done marinating: Remove chicken from marinade and discard access marinade. Dab the chicken breasts with a paper towel to remove a little of the extra marinade, but not all of it. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil into the skillet. Cook chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and the internal temp reaches 165 degrees. Remove chicken from the pan. Set aside and let it rest for about 8-10 minutes. Slice the chicken up into strips after letting it rest.
To Make Greek Cucumber Salad:
- Add all ingredients for the cucumber salad above into a bowl and mix together well.
To Make Greek Chicken Bowls:
- If eating right away add 1/2 cup rice, 3/4 cup cucumber salad, and 4 ounces of diced chicken to each bowl. Top with extra feta, if desired.If making this to eat throughout the week combine the chicken and rice and place the cucumber salad into a separate container.