Avocado fries are the starter you never you realized you required! Here I’ll tell you precisely the best way to get Crispy Baked Avocado Fries which are overflowing with flavor.
I know, it’s somewhat of a bizarre idea, however stay with me here. At the point when I originally found out about these I was kinda wary as well, however after a ton of testing and a little tweaking I’m truly eager to impart this formula to you!
As the avocado is clearly the superstar in this formula, it’s truly essential to pick the correct one. You need to discover 3 little entirely ready Hass avocados. Try not to be enticed to get an underripe avocado since it’s all the more firm (and consequently simpler to work with), they will come out truly unpleasant and net. With a similar token, you would prefer not to utilize overripe avocados, since they’ll simply go soft when you’re setting them up.
- 3 small Perfectly Ripe Avocados (see notes)
- 3/4 cup / 45g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup / 20g Parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp each: Garlic Powder, Smoked Paprika, Cayenne Pepper (or less for milder spice)
- Oil Spray, as needed
- Half your avocados, remove the stone then slice each half into thirds. Carefully remove the peel.
- Set up 4 stations: 1st with your Flour, Garlic Powder and 1/4 tsp salt, second with your Egg and Milk, third with your Breadcrumbs, Parmesan, Smoked Paprika, Cayenne Pepper and 1/4 tsp Salt, 4th with a suitably sized oven tray.
- Dunk the avocado first into the flour, then into the egg, (I find this easiest with a fork to save your fingers getting gloopy) and finally into the breadcrumbs. Although tedious, make sure you completely cover the avocado at each stage, especially the breadcrumbs. Place on your oven tray and give them all a good spray of oil.
- Bake in the oven at 200C/390F for 10mins, then take out and flip (give an extra spray if needed) and pop back in for another 8-10mins or until golden brown. Timings will vary and these go from golden to burnt pretty quick, so be really vigilant.
- Allow to cool for a couple mins, give an extra sprinkle of salt if needed then serve with your favourite dip!
- Perfect Avocado – Don’t be tempted to get underripe avocados just because they’re firmer and easier the work with. They will come out bitter. If anything you want them on the slightly softer side, just not so soft they fall apart when dredging.
- Dry Breadcrumbs – If you don’t have any dried breadcrumbs on hand, you can make them by pulsing fresh bread and either toasting under the grill or in a pan (with a little butter!).
- Dip – Absolutely serve these with a dip no matter what! I always use Sriracha Mayo.
- Calories – Per Avocado Fry