Break from tradition with the baked casserole!
Goulashes have negative criticism as fatty solace food, however this veggie lover dish is going to change that. With this heated zucchini, spinach, and feta goulash, what you see is the thing that you get.
This dish packs a generous portion of veggies, then flaunting all the messy goodness you search for in a goulash. Made with low-fat feta and parmesan, this formula likewise utilizes entire wheat bread pieces to keep things light. Furthermore, in the event that you thought each one of those veggies were simply to cut calories, reconsider. Tasty and delightful, these mid year garden works of art end up being probably the best veggies around. Not exclusively are you getting a supper both light and filling, however these veggies likewise pack a powerful portion of nutrients. In the mean time, matching probably the best elements of the late spring with the glow and solace of a goulash makes this prepared zucchini dish the ideal all year feast.
This dish packs a generous portion of veggies and all the messy goodness that you search for in a meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 zucchini small, diced small
- 2 yellow squash small, diced small
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles fat-free
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese low-fat, grated
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Once hot, add the spinach, zucchini, and yellow squash. Cook, about 5 minutes, until the spinach is wilted and squash is soft. Drain off any excess liquid and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to mixing bowl with the spinach mix. Combine well and spread the mixture in an even layer in the prepared casserole dish. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool slightly before serving.