This Detox Moroccan Lentil Soup is a simple, healthy and hearty meal that’s great for digestion and the liver. Easy to make, packed with protein and delicious!
It’s formally soup season and I’m so here for it! Today we’re preparing a delectable detox soup formula that is loaded with flavor, yet additionally protein and fiber. This generous soup will immediately turn into your new top pick – particularly in the event that you love flavor!
What are we making? We’re making a wonderful Moroccan Lentil Soup brimming with hacked veggies, bland potatoes, two kinds of lentils and all the spices.The Moroccan flavors we’re utilizing are warming, extraordinary for assimilation thus delicious. We have turmeric, ginger, cumin, cinnamon and smoked paprika which makes this soup additional comfortable! It’s likewise cooler well disposed, supper prep-accommodating AND made in only one pot!
Lentils are one of my favorite ingredients to add to soups. For starters, they’re super high in protein. In fact, lentils have more protein than most other beans. Lentils are also high in fiber, so they’re filling and hearty.This Detox Moroccan Lentil Soup is a simple, healthy and hearty meal that’s great for digestion and the liver. Easy to make, packed with protein and delicious.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time5 0 minutes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped white fingerling potato
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (+ more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (+ more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 1 cup red lentils
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup almond milk (or coconut milk depending on your preference)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 – 3 cups spinach.
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot or dutch oven. Add onions, celery, carrot, potato and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes until everything softens slightly. Season with salt, pepper and the spices and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add lentils and saute 1 – 2 minutes, then add the broth, water and tomato paste. Stir to combine and until the tomato paste has dissolved. Bring the soup to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond milk, lemon juice, and spinach, and stir until the spinach has wilted. Serve immediately and top with your desired toppings.
- For garnishes, I like to do a dollop of coconut yogurt, some fresh parsley, pepper flakes, cracked pepper and jalapeno slices. A little spicy, a little creamy and so good!
Other cooking method ideas:
- Slow Cooker: you could also totally make this detox lentil soup in the slow cooker as well. Just add all the ingredients into your slow cooker, stir it together and let it cook. It should cook for 4 – 6 hours on low, 3 – 4 on high. Here’s the slow cooker I have at home.
- Instant Pot: I’ll be honest and say that I haven’t nailed the InstantPot yet, but I do love using it to make soup. For this recipe, I’d say start with the saute setting to cook your veggies and then add the rest of the ingredients in. Cook it on high for about 10 minutes and let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. I have the 6qt Instant Pot and love it.