Kick your brownies up a score with these rich chocolate brownies finished off with mint icing! I utilized my Brownie Recipe and added some mint buttercream and a simple ganache to make one of our number one brownie treats!
I believe it’s protected to say that I am a brownie young lady. Put a piece a cake, a brownie, and a treat before me and I will pick the brownie throughout the day.
This ganache is one that doesn’t utilize weighty cream and couldn’t be simpler. I selected to add my chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl with the spread. Warmth them together until the chips look shiny and the margarine is generally dissolved. At that point mix! In the event that there are a couple of chips not completely softened when you begin blending that is alright, they will gradually liquefy and consolidate perfectly as you whisk the chocolate and spread together. On the off chance that a portion of your chocolate isn’t completely liquefied you can pop it back into the microwave for 10 seconds, however keep a nearby eye on the chocolate as you don’t need it to seize. On the off chance that your chocolate has seized, dissolve 1 tablespoon more spread and mix enthusiastically into the chocolate. You ought to have the option to recuperate it.
Another variant of this formula is to put your chocolate in a bowl and put in a safe spot. Warmth spread in a little pot or microwave until softened. Pour over the chocolate chips and let sit for 30 seconds to 1 moment. At that point begin mixing!
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, melted then cooled slightly
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup (63g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups (250g) confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, softened
- 3/4 tsp mint extract
- 2-3 drops green food color
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, diced into tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift together all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat two eggs with the vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients and gently stir.
- Pour the melted butter into brownie mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Spread batter in a prepared 9-inch cake pan and bake for 22-25 minutes
- Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the confectioners’ sugar, 1/2 cup butter, mint extract, food color, and water.
- Spread evenly over the cooled brownies, then chill until set.
- In a small bowl over simmering water, or in the microwave, melt 5 tablespoons of butter and the chocolate chips, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly, then spread over the top of the mint layer.
- Cover, and chill for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.