This fragrant and delicious Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder is motivated by a Moroccan sheep dish. It is pull separated heavenly subsequent to getting scoured with warm flavors and cooked with vegetables and organic products. Your home will smell astounding!
There’s an uncommon thing about a lethargic simmered supper. The fragrance pervades the house as the meat delivers and cooks with the flavors and the juices caramelize outwardly, while within is sodden and delicate.
This Moroccan propelled Slow Roasted Pork is only that, and keeping in mind that presented with simmered yams, carrots, onion and apricots, this is totally made in one skillet.
Moroccan food consistently astounds me in that it capably utilizes meat, vegetables and organic product solidly in one dish and with liberal measures of warm flavors to unite everything. This is extraordinary with sheep too!
A peruser educated me he cooked this all at 2 hours on high and 6 on low. Came out incredible, delicate, tasty, and pull separated heavenly.
- 4 lb pork shoulder , bone in
- 4 tbsp Moroccan Seven Spice Blend (separated)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 large carrots , cut into French fry-like wedges
- 2 large sweet potatoes , cut into French fry-like wedges
- 1 red onion , sliced thick
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 large lemons , halved
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (optional)
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Allow pork shoulder to come to room temperature.
- Rub salt and 3 tablespoons of Moroccan Seven Spice Blend all over pork shoulder, pressing to adhere. Allow to rest while oven heats up.
- Peel and cut the carrots into thick, French fry-like wedges. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into large, French fry-like wedges. Peel and cut onion in half vertically. Trim edges and cut into thick half inch slices. Toss all in a bowl with oil, honey and remaining tablespoon of Moroccan Spice Blend.
- In a large 13×9” baking dish place the pork shoulder in the center, fat side up and propped up if necessary with a few vegetables underneath. Arrange vegetables and fruit around pork. Pour chicken stock over pork and vegetables. Roast uncovered for 6 hours, or until fall apart tender with internal temperature of 205°F. About 90 minutes per pound. Baste occasionally while roasting.
- Allow to rest at least 20 minutes, covered with aluminum foil. Remove bone from pork and pull apart or cut into pieces. Serve with roasted vegetables and fruit. Spoon pan juices and squeeze lemons over pork and vegetables and sprinkle chopped mint on top.
- CAN I MAKE THIS IN A SLOW COOKER?
- A reader informed me he cooked this all at 2 hours on high and 6 on low. Came out great, tender, flavorful, and pull apart delicious.
Calories: 653kcal | Carbohydrates: 24.2g | Protein: 41.5g | Fat: 43.1g | Saturated Fat: 14.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 19.6g | Cholesterol: 161.9mg | Sodium: 956.2mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11.7g