Discussion about a speedy and simple supper that is poppin’ with flavor, these Balsamic Apricot Pork Chops are so basic and convey big time in the flavor office. I haven’t shared a pork slash formula and I think this is one for your supper turn.
This takes is a flavoring on the two sides of a little genuine salt and new broke dark pepper and a fast burn in the skillet. Spot the container in the broiler to polish them off and make the prepared sauce that covers these. I serve them over pureed potatoes and make certain to shower a greater amount of that stunning sauce over the highest point of all.
Did everyone have a good end of the week? I didn’t get in any fender benders! I additionally cooked, prepared and went climbing in the mountains with Dave and our young men. Bunches of awesome new plans coming your way for the impending occasions.
Gracious, and we proceeded to see the Lion King melodic this previous Tuesday also. Off. The. Snare. Astonishing. Genuinely on the off chance that you can see this visit, GO! I never saw this melodic and it must be one of my record-breaking top picks. Gracious, the outfits, the creative mind, the lighting, music and the entertainers. I could continue forever. Phenomenal singing… Just GO see it on the off chance that you can.
- 2 lbs pork chops 4-8oz bone-in, 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup apricot jam (See Note 1)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- pinch red pepper flakes
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season pork chops with kosher salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine chicken stock, apricot jam, balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large oven proof skillet (like cast iron) over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and sear until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes. Place in oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. (See Note 2)
- When done remove from oven and pour glaze over pork chops, turning to coat and serve immediately.
- I use sugar free apricot jam, but you don’t have to.2. Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of pork chops. I used 3/4” thick.
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 167mg | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 889mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1.5mg