Maple Sticky Buns are a gooey blast of flavors! The warm, delicate rolls are loaded with an orange-cinnamon filling, at that point heated in a maple cognac coat and crunchy walnuts. Incredible scrumptious!
Maple Sticky Buns are quite possibly the most liberal treats ever! On the off chance that you love cinnamon rolls, be all set nuts (in a real sense) about these. They are such a lot of amusing to make, as you fundamentally heat them in the coating topsy turvy, rather than garnish them with the coating subsequent to preparing!
Overflowing with lively spiced sugar and covered in a thick caramel coating with crunchy walnuts, there could be no more excellent approach to begin your day or end a supper.
Also, the smell that fills the house as they heat—those astounding fragrances of caramel, zest, orange, and new prepared rolls will get the entire area slobbering and requesting a piece!
They are totally delightful, and great that they are tacky as you will lick your fingers clean. They are stacked with a cinnamon filling that has been spiced with orange zing. The moves after that are prepared in the most delectable coating!
- 1 cup warm milk (should have around 110°F)
- 1 1/4 ounce package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted plus more for the pan)
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cognac (or vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups – 2 cups pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- Mix the warm milk with half of the sugar and the package of yeast. Cover with a kitchen towel and set aside for 5-7 minutes or until foaming.
- Melt the butter in a medium bowl then whisk in the egg, yolks, vanilla, and remaining sugar, set aside.
- Add the yeast mixture and the egg mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk together.
- Add half the flour and mix on medium speed using a dough hook until combined. Add the remaining flour and mix on medium speed for a few minutes, or until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface, on your counter, and knead until it’s smooth and elastic. The dough is ready when it bounces back when pressed. It is also a bit sticky, it should NOT seem wet.
- Place dough in a large lightly buttered bowl, then cover it with plastic and place in a warm place to rise. The dough will take about two hours to double in size.
- Combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a small pot over low heat and stir until butter and sugar have melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cognac or the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly buttered 9×13 pan and top with coarsely chopped pecans. Set aside.
Prepare the Rolls:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Once the dough has risen, transfer it onto a floured surface and spread it out into a rectangular shape, about 12×18 inches.
- Prepare the filling by combining in a medium bowl brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest, then whisk together. Brush the dough with 6 tablespoons of melted butter then sprinkle the filling mixture evenly over the top. Smooth it into an even layer.
- Gently roll the long edge of the dough into a tight roll/log and cut into 12-13 even pieces.
- Arrange the rolls into the prepared baking dish on top of the Topping mixture.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until golden. If they start to brown too quickly, cover the pan with foil after 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven when ready and allow to cool for a few minutes then run a knife along the edge and invert onto a serving dish.
- Serve warm.
Calories: 619kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 487mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 775IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 4mg