Creole Potato Salad is about as far from bland, boring potato salad as you can get. It has tons of seasoning, plus Creole mustard along with hard-boiled eggs, celery, green onion, and parsley. Combined with mayonnaise and sour cream this is one creamy, delicious potato salad with a little zip!
A month ago I made my first outing to New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina politeness of Zatarain’s. It was during Mardi Gras and on the off chance that you’ve never been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, it ought to be at the highest point of your list of must-dos. There’s no experience very like it. Music, moving, giggling, outfits, marches, dots, possibly a Hurricane or two. So much fun!Forget all the wild and insane celebrating you see on Bourbon St. Mardi Gras is actually a family undertaking and it is best knowledgeable about a local setting. We watched the Krewe of Druids Parade and the Krewe of Nyx Parade go down St Charles Avenue before the Ponchartrain Hotel.
What’s more, obviously we invested some energy strolling around the French Quarter. So may intriguing things to see!We additionally had the chance to traverse the Mississippi River to where Zatarain’s items are made. Neighborhood food character Poppy Tooker showed us how she makes jambalaya.
Creole Potato Salad is wonderful for a Mardi Gras Celebration as well as a potluck, excursion, or summer barbecue. It’s difficult to turn out badly with potato salad, if it is prepared well. To ensure this potato salad wasn’t inadequate in flavor, I added Zatarain’s fluid Shrimp and Crab Boil to the water I cooked the potatoes in.Then I utilized Zatarain’s Creole Seasoning to enhance the potato salad. It’s one of my #1 flavors to have available.
Each Creole Potato Salad needs some creole mustard and I utilized Zatarain’s Creole Mustard alongside mayonnaise and sharp cream for creaminess.I polished the potato salad off with celery, green onion, hard-bubbled eggs, and parsley. I like to sprinkle somewhat more Zatarain’s Creole flavoring on not long prior to serving.
Creole Potato Salad is a creamy potato salad with some zip. Flavored with Creole mustard and Zatarain’s Creole Seasoning.
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Zatarain’s liquid shrimp and crab boil, optional
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Zatarain’s Creole seasoning
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Zatarain’s Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.
- Cut potatoes either in half or quarters, depending on their size.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Water level should be an inch above potatoes. Add Zatarain’s crab boil and a few large pinches of salt.
- Bring water to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and toss with vinegar and Zatarain’s seasoning.
- If you want the potato chunks smaller, use a knife and chop them up a little more.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, and sugar.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to potatoes and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in celery, eggs, green onions, and parsley.
- Sprinkle more Zatarain’s seasoning on top and chill until ready to serve.