Happy weekend! Hope you had a fantastic July 4th. I spent it painting our new house, bingeing the new season of Stranger Things and cooking up some balsamic steak gorgonzola salad with grilled corn.
I as of late understood it’s been a long time since I shared a steak serving of mixed greens here. TWO YEARS! Totally silly thinking about how regularly I eat them 🤣. Particularly throughout the mid year months!The fundamental elements of this specific steak serving of mixed greens are…you got it! Flame broiled steak and barbecued corn. No broiler or oven required! Keep the warmth outside with this delectable course plate of mixed greens.
Fourth, this balsamic steak gorgonzola plate of mixed greens with flame broiled corn consolidates ALL of those things. A definitive success! Presently on the off chance that you’ll pardon me, I need to complete Stranger Things season 3 preceding the spoilers wild on the web ruin my life. Formula coming right up!
A 20 minute, delicious steak and salad dinner recipe with tomatoes, red onion, home grilled corn, gorgonzola cheese crumbles, gremolata and balsamic vinaigrette. Perfect for the summer grilling months!
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 heads endive lettuce, outer leaves removed, halved and roughly chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 6 cups mixed spring greens
- 1 corn on the cob, husk removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling corn
FOR THE GREMOLATA
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
FOR THE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Dash of salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Marinate the steak: In a medium size bowl, stir together ingredients for the marinade. Place steaks in a large ziplock bag. Pour marinade over the steaks, seal the bag, and shake to coat. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make the gremolata: Combine the basil, parsley, lemon zest, and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat a cast iron grill pan at medium-high heat or an outdoor grill. Drizzle corn on the cob with 1 tablespoon olive oil and liberally sprinkle salt and pepper. Using tongs, place on the heated grill. Cook each side until grill marks form on the corn kernels and they are somewhat softened, about 10 minutes total. Remove from heat when done and let cool. Slice corn kernels off the cob.
- Remove the steak from the fridge. Place on the grill or grill pan. Grill both sides 4-5 minutes for rare to medium rare. Remove steak to a plate and let rest for five minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette.
- Toss together half of the vinaigrette, half of the gremolata, mixed greens, endives, tomatoes, gorgonzola, sliced corn, and red onion in a large bowl.
- Lay sliced steak on top of salad. Drizzle steak and salad with gremolata and remaining vinaigrette as desired.