This extra rich and creamy cheesecake is freezer friendly therefore delicious! Ideal for special occasions!
Although I enjoy travel, I’m a homebody in mind, so after 15 days in LA… IT FEELS GOOD TO BECOME HOME! And even though I’m still battling a serious case of jet lag, I couldn’t resist sneaking in to the kitchen and baking us something sweet. But I also couldn’t face the supermarket just yet, therefore i had to create due with ingredients I already had readily available.
Enter this rich and creamy cheesecake recipe! It’s make with simple ingredients like cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and heavy cream. Basically things most bakers will have readily available! And the outcomes? Well let’s just say this classic cheesecake rivals anything you’d obtain a fancy bakery.
prep 30 mins
cook one hour, 8 mins
inactive 8 hours
total 9 hours, 38 mins
author ashley manila
yield 9″ cheesecake
For that Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
For that Creamy Cheesecake:
- 5 blocks of full-fat cream cheese (40 ounces total), softened to room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs plus 3 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For that Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Lightly spray a 9″ springform pan with non-stick spray.
- Wrap underneath and sides from the pan with durable tinfoil. I would recommend doing several diligent layers here to make sure no water creeps through once you place the pan within the water bath. Set pan aside.
- In a big bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter; stir well to mix. Firmly pat the mixture in to the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Place partially baked crust on the cooling rack and reserve when you prepare the filling.
For that Creamy Cheesecake Filling:
- In the torso of a higher power blender, food processor, stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in an exceedingly large bowl utilizing a handheld mixer, beat the softened cream cheese until completely smooth, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat smooth, scraping down the sides and bottom of bowl as needed. Add the eggs and yolks, individually, beating well after every addition.
- Add the cream and beat until it’s just incorporated within the batter.
- Pour filling into prepared crust and, utilizing a silicon spatula, smooth the very best.
- Place the cheesecake pan right into a large, deep pan. Fill the pan with 2 inches of warm water. That is your water bath and can help make sure your cheesecake happens crack free.
- Carefully place the pan within the oven and bake for one hour. Turn oven off and allow cheesecake sit, undisturbed, for half an hour in the oven with the entranceway shut. The cheesecake ought to be still slightly wiggly.
- Remove cake from oven and gently operate a knife very round the edge from the cake. Place the cheesecake on the cooling rack and cool completely, then loosely cover the pan with saran wrap and chill for at the very least 8 hours.
- Cheesecake could keep, covered within the fridge, for 5 days. Cheesecake could be frozen for just two 2 months. Thaw overnight before slicing.