Ground turkey, quinoa, black beans, corn, tomatoes and Mexican spices all cooked together in just one skillet! This healthy and delicious Turkey Taco Quinoa Skillet dinner will become your family’s favorite weeknight dinner.
This formula is quite possibly the most mainstream suppers on this site. Danae from Recipe Runner shares this formula for a simple one pot supper made with ground turkey. It tastes scrumptious served all alone or in tacos to make a simple turkey taco formula. We realize that you will cherish this simple quality supper!
This skillet supper meets up in 30 to 40 minutes, making it an incredible weeknight supper choice. Join a couple of flavors and fixings to make a simple Mexican quinoa skillet in one dish.
This Mexican Taco Quinoa skillet dinner is sure to become your family’s favorite weeknight dinner!
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey, (I use 99% lean)
- 1/2 yellow onion,, diced
- 2 cloves garlic,, minced
- 4 ounce can diced green chilis
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, , to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans,, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup jarred salsa
- 1/2 cup rinsed quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cilantro, , for garnish
- Spray a large skillet generously with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot add in the diced onion and cook for about 2 minutes until it starts to soften. Add in the ground turkey and minced garlic and cook until the meat is almost cooked through, breaking it up into crumbles with a spoon as it cooks. Stir in all the spices and the diced green chiles, cooking for another minute. Add in the black beans, corn, fire roasted tomatoes, salsa and quinoa, stirring until everything is combined.
- When the mixture starts to bubble add in the water, cover the skillet with a lid and lower the heat to medium-low. Simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked, it should still have a slight bite to it, but not be hard and crunchy.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and cover with the lid cooking until the cheese is melted. Serve as is, in tortillas for tacos, or on top of your favorite greens.
STORAGE Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating on the stovetop or in the microwave.