Making queso plunge without any preparation is a lot simpler than you may might suspect, and it tastes better compared to locally acquired plunges. This Mexican gathering plunge formula is one you’ll need to make frequently!
This heavenly and simple gathering tidbit, hamburger queso plunge, is extraordinarily tasty. It’s in excess of a gathering plunge, however. Now and then I use it on top of French fries, heated potatoes, and vegetables.
It’s so easy to make and you can redo it with your own inclinations – your loved ones will request this constantly!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef seasoned with salt, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Drain any fat and set aside.
- Make the roux to thicken your sauce by melting butter in sauté pan over medium heat and add the flour. Stir with whisk and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk and continue to cook on low for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Whisk in the cheeses until smooth. Add the salsa and seasoned, browned beef. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips and garnish with chopped cilantro and crumbled Cotija cheese (optional).
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 641mg | Potassium: 324mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 669IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 266mg | Iron: 2mg