Sweet Vidalia Onion Dip is a simple hot tidbit that will have everyone asking for the formula! It’s ideal for game days, occasion engaging, or simply a heartfelt night in.
I’m revealing to you first thing, rush to the store and get your fixings (there’s a rundown beneath) and a roll, at that point run back and read the post. Rush. It’s too nice to even think about missing. I swear I will not sink that cut of flame broiled bread into the rich messy, oniony plunge until you get back, yet hurry up, I’m just human.
We’re a genuine plunge for-supper sort of family so you can take if from me, this is a victor. It’s difficult my unequaled top choice, spinach artichoke. This one is much simpler to make, and it’s overflowing with new onion flavor with no sketchy fixings (I’m seeing you, dry onion soup blend.) Not certain if it’s the sweet onion, the blend of cheeses, or a mix, however it simply works.
I cut them into exceptionally slender strips and they concoct totally in the broiler, holding simply a trace of crunch and a new sweet onion flavor. The plunge has an engaging rich white tone, as well, under the daintily sautéed hull.
- 1 Vidalia onion, anywhere from 10-12 ounces (any sweet onion variety will do)
- 1 scant cup mayonnaise
- 1 scant cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Grana Padano cheese, substitute good Parmesan or Romano
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 tsp salt
- lots of fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Set the oven to 375F
- Peel and slice the onion in half. Then slice it in half again, and cut 3 of the sections into very fine slices. Take the last piece and mince it. Put the onion in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well until everything is thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Spoon the mixture into an ovenproof casserole and bake for 25 minutes until browned and bubbly.
- While the dip is baking, slice a baguette and place the slices on a hot grill pan to toast them on both sides. Serve with the hot dip.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 523mg | Potassium: 96mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 348IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 203mg | Iron: 1mg