Delicate potatoes threw with bacon in a tart dressing taste scrumptious close by pretty much any fundamental course. Figure out how to make German Potato Salad in the Instant Pot as a side dish for your next family dinner!
In the event that you love potatoes, make certain to attempt our Instant Pot Potatoes formula. Makes the ideal prepared potato with a velvety focus. Or on the other hand try these Baked Mashed Potatoes out.
At the point when I notice potato salad, you likely envision a major bowl of cooked cold potatoes prepared in mayonnaise served up on paper plates on grills and picnics.
German Potato Salad then again contains not a sear drop of mayo. All things considered, it includes a lot of bacon, the tang of dijon mustard, and a sprinkling of parsley for newness.
You can serve German Potato Salad hot, cold or room temperature and I love it close by the entirety of my number one meat dishes. It matches magnificently with Pork Chops, chicken, steak and turkey!
In case you’re searching for a mayo free potato salad formula or another sort of potato side dish to serve at your next huge supper, this German Potato Salad is only the ticket!
Make it in the Instant Pot or on the oven as it was done in the good ‘ol days it’s delightful the two different ways.
- 1 ½ lbs Red or gold potatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Parsley for garnish
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Wash potatoes and cut them into 1-inch pieces. My potatoes were small to medium, and I cut each potato half into 4-6 pieces.
- Add the potatoes to the Instant Pot (no trivet needed.) Pour the chicken broth over the potatoes.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to SEALING. Select the HIGH PRESSURE or MANUAL setting and set the timer for 6 minutes.
- Once the cook time has ended, carefully do a quick release of pressure by turning the valve to venting.
- Open the Instant Pot and drain the liquid from potatoes by pouring them into a colander. The potatoes should be fork tender. Set the potatoes aside.
- Select the SAUTE function and add the bacon to the Instant Pot. Stir the bacon occasionally and saute until it has browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion to the bacon and saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly. The bottom of the Instant Pot will be brown from cooking the bacon and onion. This is normal.
- Turn the Instant Pot off. Add the potatoes back into the Instant Pot and gently stir to coat them with the bacon and onion mixture. Some of the potatoes may slightly break apart.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, water, and dijon mustard. Pour this mixture into the Instant Pot over the potatoes and gently stir to coat.
- Garnish with parsley and add salt and pepper to taste.
- STORAGE: Store in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to 5 days.
- SERVE: Can be served hot or cold (although hot is better).
- German Potato Salad should not sit out unrefrigerated for more than 2 hours.
- Appeals to many people because there is no mayo.
- Compliments basically any meat dish – great with pork chops, turkey, beef or chicken.
- Recipe tested in 6qt Instant Pot.
- STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS: Dice potatoes and add to pot of water, making sure to cover potatoes. Boil (about 15 minutes) until fork tender. In a skillet, over medium heat, cook bacon. Drain all but 2 Tbsp of bacon grease. Add onion, cook 2-3 minutes. Add cooked potatoes to skillet, tossing to coat. Cook over medium heat until potatoes brown. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, water, and dijon together and pour over potatoes in skillet. Reduce heat to low and cook until heated through. Garnish with parsley, salt and pepper.
- Yield: 6
- Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 207
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Sodium: 352mg
- Carbohydrates: 21
- gFiber: 2g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 6g