Apple Spice Cake with Caramel Sauce is the ideal fall dessert. Occasional apples, cinnamon fruit purée, spiced rum, and an irresistible caramel sauce are the included fixings in this flavorful fall cake. So astounding and easy to make as well!
Is it true that you are a greater amount of an apple or pumpkin fan with regards to fall preparing? I’ve faltered a few, yet I’ll simply go nonpartisan here and say BOTH. I would prefer not to cause a contention! 😀
In any case, fall heating is my top pick. It simply bodes well that when the climate begins to cool, we as a whole long for something sweet and some of the time warm (for this situation). Some apple juice or espresso, and a decent cut of cake. It additionally assists with having an extraordinary companion several comfortable seats.
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter – melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1/3 cup dark rum – or spiced rum
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups apples (use baking apples) – peeled and finely diced
- For the caramel sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8×8 dish with baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter and sugars. Then add vanilla, cinnamon applesauce, dark rum, and then eggs. Make sure you add the eggs last to prevent them from getting warm from the melted butter.
- Then add the baking soda, kosher salt, cinnamon, and flour. Stir until just combined, and then gradually add diced apples and mix.
- Pour the cake batter into the baking dish and smooth out evenly. Bake for 35-38 minutes, or until done in the center. Remove to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make caramel sauce. In a small saucepan, melt butter and add brown sugar. Stir well and then add vanilla and heavy cream. Whisk until well mixed and slightly bubbly. Remove and add the sea salt. Pour into a glass jar (or other small dish).
- To serve, slice cake into 9 equal pieces. Serve warm with a spoonful of caramel sauce.
- For this recipe, I used one Granny Smith apple and one Honey-crisp. You could use any good baking apple.
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 660mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 549IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg