What’s Texas Trash Dip? It’s a creamy warm bean dip filled with flavor and topped with a variety of ooey gooey cheese, baked to dipping perfection. I possibly could create a meal using this dip!
I truly do not know where in fact the name of the dip originated from or why it’s called “trash” when clearly it’s filled with only ooey-gooey cheesy GOODness. I’ve seen it everywhere, from Pinterest to almost every church cookbook.
Some versions differ slightly, but this is actually the one we have been fond of. After all, what’s never to love? Refried beans, cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning and a lot of CHEESE!
PREP TIME : 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans of refried beans – I take advantage of Old El Paso Spicy Fat Free
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Taco Seasoning packet
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Having a mixer, whip together cream cheese, beans, taco seasoning and sour cream until smooth. Spread right into a 9×13 EZ Foil® by Hefty® Bakeware Pan. Sprinkle with both shredded cheeses, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is slightly brown and dip is hot and bubbly round the edges.
- Serve with tortilla chips.